Welcome to the Burton Photographic Society Website
Visitors are always welcome to come and join us at any of our meetings with the exception of Monday evenings which are for Members Only. Nor can you partake in any of the competitions organised by the Society.
We charge £3 per visitor per evening and you can come along to as many meetings as you wish. If you decide to join the Society before Dec 31st you will be asked to pay full subscription minus a maximum of three visitor’s fees already paid. New members joining after Jan 1st shall be required to pay half a full year’s subscription without a refund of any visitor’s fees.
Refreshments are available in the break £1 per mug of tea/coffee inc. biscuits.
Visitors to the Society's Meetings during the Covid 19 Pandemic.
During the pandemic the Society has decided to still meet on Thursday evening, using Zoom video conference software.
Visitors are still welcome but we require you to request permission beforehand. Below is a form to fill in with your name, email address (required to send out the Zoom meeting details), a contact number and payment via PayPal. When we have received your details and payment an email containing the Zoom meeting details will be sent to you before 5 pm on the day of the meeting.
You can sign up for a week at a time for £3 - If there is a particular lecture that you wish to see or an evening that you wish to watch, please get in touch us at the start of that week. We do not have a pre-booking service in operation.
1. Only visitors who have paid the fees will be admitted into any of our meetings.
2. Please sign into the meeting using the name submitted on the form. If we do not recognise your name you will not be admitted.
3. Before a lecture or judging commences we will ask you to turn off your microphones and cameras.
4. Only the host(s) will be allowed to share their screens.
5. You will not be allowed to use annotation or whiteboard facilities.
6. You may use the chat facility to ask questions.
7. The meeting will be locked 10 mins after the lecture/judging has commenced.
8. The Society reserves the right to remove and exclude anyone from our meetings who is using inappropriate language or being abusive to our members or our speakers.
9. There will be no refund of any fees already paid if you do not attend any meeting(s).
10. DO NOT share any of the meeting details with anyone else.
11. It is a breach of Copyright to record any of our meetings, without the prior permission of the speaker/judge or the Society.
Your email and any other details will be used solely for sending details of our Zoom meetings to you.
Any details submitted will not be passed onto any third parties.
All your information will be deleted from our systems as soon as deemed appropriate.