This competition is run in alongside the member's exhibition in November and is open to anyone who lives in the Burton and surrounding areas.
Burton on Trent Photographic Society
Annual Open Competition – 2019
The competition is run alongside the annual exhibition of members work, and was established to encourage local photography from the surrounding areas.
1. Members of Photography Clubs and Professional Photographers are excluded from entry.
2. The competition will be open to prints of any size, un-mounted or mounted on board up to a maximum size of 50cm x 40cm
3. The subject will be open, but judged in the following categories;
a. Photographers under the age of 18 years
b. Photographers 18 years and older
4. Entrants can submit up to 3 prints of their own work in either colour or black and white. Please indicate if you would like your images returned or destroyed. If returned they will be available 2 weeks after the exhibition at the pickup point. If no indication given prints will be destroyed.
5. Each submission should have a title, and include your name, address, email and contact telephone number printed on the reverse. Entrants in categories a should also include age and date of birth.
6. The organisers cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to prints.
7. Copyright remains with the author but the organisers reserve the right to reproduce any entry for use in BPS promotions
All winning prints and all other entries will be on display at our annual exhibition and presentation at the Priory Centre, Church Road, Stretton, Burton,
Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th November 2019.
Entries will be available for collection from your point of entry two weeks after the exhibition.
The winners will be announced at 2pm on Saturday 16th Nov